UCI Gran Fondo World Series Event Entry – Age Category
Sunday 10th September 2023, Lorne, Victoria
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo is the safest and most spectacular Australian Cycle Event – featuring fully closed roads of the Victorian Great Ocean Road & Otways.
A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
The Age Category Event sees amateur riders race in the UCI World Gran Fondo Series with the top 25% in each age group being invited to the following year’s UCI Gran Fondo Series World Championship Event. Whether taking up the invitation or not, the honour of being a qualifier is highly sought after and something to be proud of achieving (Age Groups listed down the page). This Age Category Event is open to all riders aside from the list at page bottom.
Click to Enlarge Static Map or Interactive Map at Page Bottom.
Riders receive ‘best in class’ event support with; Full Road Closures via Traffic Management, Aid Stations (food and drink) x 4 locations on course, Mobile Mechanics on course, Medical Resources & (if required) Bus Sag Wagon Return to Start Line. Additional to these elements, there are multiple layers of Police, Council and Event Management Resourcing on the event to ensure your ability to safely race.
Open – 12th October
13th October 2022 – 31st May 2023
1st – 30th June
1st July – 31st August
1st – 8th September*.
*Registrations close at 4pm on the 8th September.
- $10 discount for AusCycling Members.
- Take an extra 10% off each entry if you enter in a group of 4 or more! Simply set up your group in registration, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org for the group discount to be activated! You can then share your unique group entry link with your riding group to join too.
- Date: Sunday 10 September 2023
- Start Time: 7:30am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Once released from the start line, your Age Category’s time will commence when the first rider from your wave passes the Start Timing Point, 1.1km from Start Arch. Your wave will all be given the same start time.
- Format: Fully Closed Road Age Group Qualifier for UCI Gran Fondo World Championships
- Age Groups: 18-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+ (Age at 31 Dec 2023)
- Minimum Age: 18 years (Age at 10th Sept 2023)
- Entries Close: Friday 8th Sept, 4pm
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 9th Sept 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 10th Sept 7:00am-4:00pm
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider video
- UCI Gran Fondo World Championship Qualification opportunity (finish in top 20% of your age group)
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Recovery Area
Course Map & Elevation Profile
Riders who are not eligible to race in UCI World Gran Fondo Series Events;
- Any rider who has during the current year been a member of a team registered with the UCI.
- Any rider who has taken part in a World Championships, the Olympic Games, Continental
games, regional games, the Commonwealth Games, or a World Cup during the current year.
- Any rider who scored UCI points in the year of the World Championships.
- Any rider that has scored UCI points in the past 12 months means that you cannot be
officially ranked and qualified for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships and we will be remove you from official results.
These riders are welcome in the Recreational Event Category to exclude them from ranked results.