Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 130km Recreational Category
Sunday 24th October 2021, Lorne, Victoria
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 130km is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Amy’s Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia.
A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
Start in the recreational category to receive all the support below and the ability to ride at your own pace.
Riders have 7.5hrs to complete the 130kms within the Event and its Road Closures. If a rider has fallen behind the required pace while attempting Climb 2 – Forrest to top of Mount Sabine, Sag Wagons can assist by taking a rider ahead in the course to ensure they complete it within the permitted time.
E-Bikes are welcome in the Recreational Category.
Riders receive ‘best in class’ event support with; Full Road Closures via Traffic Management, Aid Stations (food and drink) x 4 locations on course, Mobile Mechanics on course, Medical Resources & if required Bus Sag Wagon Return Start Line. Additional to these elements, there are multiple layers of Police, Council and Event Management Resourcing on the event to ensure your ability to safely ride.
Click to Enlarge Static Map or Interactive Map at Page Bottom.
130KM REC CAT PRICE
APRIL – JUNE 7
JUNE 8 – JULY
– $10 discount for AusCycling Members.
– Additional 10% Discount for Groups of 4 or more that pay in one transaction OR as part of a ‘Group’, set up in your registration. Please email email@example.com for more information about setting up a group and getting 10% off all riders.
– Plus booking and merchant fee
- Date: Sunday 24th October 2021
- Start Line Open: 07:50am to 8:00am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
- Start Procedure: In 2021, all results will be based on ‘Chip Time’ in order to conduct a COVIDSafe Start Procedure.
- Once released from the start line, your time will commence when you pass the Start Timing Point, 1.1km from Start Arch.
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 24 Oct 2021)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday Prior to Event
- Event Village Hours: Saturday 23 Oct 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 24 Oct 7:00am-4:00pm
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider photos
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Race Recovery Area