Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 122km Recreational Category
Sunday 15th September 2024, Lorne, Victoria
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo 130km is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Amy’s Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia.
A ‘Gran Fondo’ is an age-old Italian cycling term, meaning ‘great endurance’. Traditionally a Gran Fondo is a timed event that has a scenic, challenging, mountainous course. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a challenging ride and the ideal location for a Gran Fondo.
Start in the recreational category to receive all the support below and the ability to ride at your own pace.
Riders have 7.5hrs to complete the 130kms within the Event and its Road Closures. If a rider has fallen behind the required pace while attempting Climb 2 – Forrest to top of Mount Sabine, Sag Wagons can assist by taking a rider ahead in the course to ensure they complete it within the permitted time.
E-Bikes are welcome in the Recreational Category.
Click to Enlarge Static Map or Interactive Map at Page Bottom.
Riders receive ‘best in class’ event support with; Full Road Closures via Traffic Management, Aid Stations (food and drink) x 4 locations on course, Mobile Mechanics on course, Medical Resources & if required Bus Sag Wagon Return Start Line. Additional to these elements, there are multiple layers of Police, Council and Event Management Resourcing on the event to ensure your ability to safely ride.
- $10 discount for AusCycling Members.
- Take an extra 10% off each entry if you enter in a group of 4 or more! Simply set up a team when the first person registers.
Please note Teams are only for 4 or more riders. The first team member registering will have to set up the team when paying (they too will receive the discount).
- Date: Sunday 15th September 2024
- Start Line Open: 07:50am to 8:00am
- Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 130km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
- Start Procedure: Recreational Rider Category times will commence once they pass the timing start 1.1km from the Start Arch.
- Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 15th Sept 2024)
- Entries Close: Friday 13th September at 4pm
- Event Village Hours: Friday 13th September 4:00pm to 6:00pm, Saturday 14th Sept 10:00am-4:00pm, & Sunday 15th Sept 7:00am-4:00pm
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free Finish Line Photo
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Race Recovery Area