Amy’s Medio Fondo 45km (Apollo Bay to Lorne)
Sunday 10th September 2023, Lorne, Victoria
Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo is one of the few events on the Australian cycling calendar that provides the safe and unique experience of riding on a fully closed road. Coupled with a compulsory online safety briefing for all riders, Amy’s Great Ocean Road Gran Fondo aims to be the safest event in Australia.
The Medio Fondo starts in Apollo Bay and finishes in Lorne – the 45km event travels along the most scenic parts of the Great Ocean Road with participants having the chance to stop at a number of lookout along the way. The distance, terrain and sensational scenery of the Surf Coast and Colac Otway regions makes for a great first-timers event and the ideal location for the Medio Fondo.
Apollo Bay and the surrounding towns are an ideal place to base yourself for the weekend, to find a place to stay please see this link – https://amysgranfondo.org.au/accommodation/.
Click to Enlarge Static Map or scroll for an interactive map at page bottom.
- $10 discount for AusCycling Members.
- Take an extra 10% off each entry if you enter in a group of 4 or more! Simply set up your group in registration, and then email email@example.com for the group discount to be activated! You can then share your unique group entry link with your riding group to join too.
- Plus booking and merchant fee
- Date: Sunday 10th September 2023
- Start Time: 11.00am
- Start Location: Hardy Street – Foreshore Parking Area, Apollo Bay, Victoria, Australia
- Distance: 45km
- Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
- Start Groups: 18-20km/h, 21-25km/h, 26-30km/h, 30+km/h
- Minimum Age: 12 years (at 31 December 2022)
- Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday prior to event
Start Line Accommodation Tips
Staying Apollo Bay / Wye River / Cumberland River / Skenes Creek:
Riding 45km? The 45km Medio Fondo starts in Apollo Bay and Finishes Lorne. After Lorne Finish, either ride back to Apollo Bay under open roads or use transport available for purchase during registration to get back to your accommodation.
Ride the 45km Medio Fondo at 11am and either catch transport on the morning of the event, or ride on open roads to the start line.
Please note for 45km, if you ride to the Start Line, you must arrive in Apollo Bay by 8:30am to avoid the closure of The Great Ocean Road.
Bus and Bike Transfers:
Bus and Bike Transfers can be booked during the registration process, please note that some of these options have limited spots, see options and pricing below:
Pre Event Option 1 –Self Drop Bike SAT Apollo Bay, Bus SUNDAY Lorne to Apollo Bay:
- Drop your bike off to Apollo Bay Senior Citizens Centre, 4 Whelan Street, Apollo Bay, Shire of Colac Otway, Victoria, 3233, Australia between 3:30 and 5:00pm on Saturday and then jump on the 8am bus on Sunday from Lorne to Apollo Bay Cost = $20
- Saturday Lorne Bike Drop Off Between 2-4pm Outside Lorne Hotel (Early Bike Drop Off from 10am – 2pm can be arranged by firstname.lastname@example.org – Early bikes would be received at the Lorne Information Centre).
- Sunday Bus Transfer – Sun 8am, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $30
Pre Event Option 3 – Medio Fondo Sunday Bike & Bus Transfer – Sun 8am, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $60
Post Event Transport – Post Event Medio Fondo Bike & Bus Transfer – Sun 3:30pm, Lorne to Apollo Bay – $30
- Fully Closed Roads
- Fundraise your way to the front of your start group and earn other great fundraising rewards
- Free rider video
- Online Safety Briefing
- Sponsor Discounts
- Numbered Timing and Helmet Sticker plus course Mokka
- Rider Guide
- AID Station Food and Drinks
- SAG Wagon Support
- Medical Support
- Police Support
- Moto Scout Support
- Post Ride Recovery Area